As SMILES celebrates 23 years of empowering people with disabilities, we invite you to renew or start your membership to SMILES Center for Independent Living.
Membership in SMILES is a great way to show you care about making a difference in the lives of people with disabilities. As a member, you make your difference with your support, ideas, and participation. This ensures that our membership gets the programs and services they want and need. Your difference makes it possible for people with disabilities to live independently and enjoy the same opportunities and choices in their community as everyone else.
Members of SMILES Center for Independent Living elect people who will represent them on SMILES Board of Directors. You must be a member of SMILES to vote for who will be elected to the Board. People with disabilities, including significant disabilities, are encouraged to be on the Board to make decisions about how SMILES is governed and operated. Being well represented on the board is a benefit to members of SMILES.
Other benefits of your SMILES membership include:
- Workshops and trainings that provide practical instruction and support
- Networking and Peer Counseling opportunities to discuss issues and ideas
- Regional and state-wide forum for disability information and perspective
- Topical programs and current events such as the Art Show opening Monday, December 2.
Membership in SMILES means being a part of a community that encourages independent living and respect for people who live with disabilities. Your membership increases the value of independent living and respect. We invite you to share in our success by being a part of SMILES in your community. You may join or renew your membership anytime from October 1st through the end of our business year, September 30th.
You have three choices for how to join or renew your membership:
1) You can renew your membership or become a new member of SMILES CIL. The annual fee for membership is $20.00.
2) You can renew your membership or become a new member, but waive the annual $20.00 fee, if you are a consumer of disability services.
3) You can make a donation in support of SMILES CIL. You can designate your donation, if you wish to have your gift used for a specific purpose.
Your donation to SMILES CIL, regardless of the amount, helps to continue services free of charge to consumers with disabilities. Gifts of cash, life insurance, property, bequests, and other planned giving are welcome. All donations are tax deductible.
Consider joining SMILES CIL today. To join by mail, simply print out the membership form and mail it to: SMILES Center for Independent Living, 709 South Front Street, Suite #7, Mankato MN 56001. You can also join online, on our giving page at GiveMN.org. Just select “SMILES Membership” on the right side of the page. For more information, or to get a postage paid envelope call Alan Augustin, 1-888/676-6498 toll free, or 507/345-7139 local in the Greater Mankato area.