Happy New Year, everyone!
We have several fun activities to welcome 2015 in January!
– Pizza & Karaoke Party on THURSDAY, JANUARY 15 4:30-6pm
o RSVP by Wed Jan 14
o Pizza is $1 per slice
– WOW Zone Event – bowling and burgers! THURSDAY, JANUARY 22 4-6pm
o Cost is $5 for 1 game of bowling and burgers
o DOES NOT INCLUDE POP OR TAX
o RSVP by Tuesday, Jan 20
o LIMITED TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE ON FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS – RSVP IMMEDIATELY
– Adaptive Ski at Mt. Kato on Sunday’s from 12-2pm
o Call Jamie for more information
– Craft and Card Club
o 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month – see calendar for details
– Living Well with a Chronic Condition support group – see attached flyer!
Hope you all had happy holidays – see you in January!
The next open enrollment period will be November 15, 2014 through February 15, 2015, with coverage taking effect no earlier than January 1, 2015.
The life events that may qualify an individual for a special open enrollment period include:
• Foster care
• Birth of a child
• Gain of citizenship, national or lawfully present status
• Loss of health insurance coverage*
• Newly eligible or ineligible for tax credits or having a change in eligibility for cost-sharing reductions for individuals already enrolled on MNsure
• Permanent address change which provides new Qualified Health Plan choices
• Enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe
*This life event is available when you are no longer eligible for other health insurance (including as a result of leaving a job, loss of Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare, or loss of coverage under a spouse’s plan). This does not include loss of coverage due to failure to pay premiums or opting out of available coverage.
Consumers will not be able to enroll in a Qualified Health Plan (QHP), or change enrollment to another QHP, inside or outside of MNsure unless they have a life event that qualifies them for a special enrollment period. Generally, the special enrollment period begins on the date the qualifying event takes place (regardless of when the change is reported) and ends 60 calendar days later.
If you don’t make a plan selection prior to the end of the special enrollment period, you will not be able to enroll or make changes. You are responsible to pay the premium amount billed by the carrier in order to ensure coverage.
Independent Living Skills Trainer: The Southern Minnesota Independent Living Enterprises & Services (SMILES) is seeking an individual on a part-time basis starting at 20 hours per week, afternoon and evening hours to provide independent living skills training to individuals with disabilities in Brown and Sibley Counties. Minimum qualifications require a high school diploma with one year experience in a disability related position. If you have any questions or would like to request an application packet, please call 507-345-7139. Position will remain open until filled. SMILES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
To see the full job description, click here: IL Skills Trainer Job Description.